Monday, October 18, 2010

I would run 10,000 (meters...)

10K success! Yesterday I woke up for the Go! St. Louis 10k Halloween Race! I was a little nervous about covering the 6.2mi with a smile on my face given my epic fail of a long run from last weekend. However, I took it mile by mile, and actually ended up with all sub-11 min miles. Total race time was 1:05 even - not too shabby for a gal who could barely tackle her 13.1 6 months ago and was sans both big toenails.

I'm pretty happy that I felt so good after the race! I snagged a Vitamin Water Zero and a banana from one of the lovely volunteers, and stretched out after the cool down. My hubby (who is super fast) ran the 10k in 44 mins. Phew! I always feel like a slow poke compared to him - but then I realized the best thing about having a significant other who is speedy. It means they'll always be able to double back and cheer you on for the final stretch of the race!

Not sore today, and well on my way to being back to 1/2 marathon ready by the new year. Who knows? If I can get this mileage under control and dedicate myself to speed-work, I just might be looking at tackling the 26.2 in the next year....

For now? Yoga, lunch, and enjoying my post-race day number 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment